Tuesday, May 20, 2008

How we got engaged

We went for a hike to a place called Dragon's Tooth. Then, we went to see some friends out in the country for about an hour. We came back to our respective homes and got cleaned up to go to what I thought was just going to be a nice dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Chateau Morissitte, because he was leaving for Sudan soon. He picked me up at my place with roses. We had 9:00 p.m. reservations so we left several hours early to catch the sunset on the Blue Ridge Parkway. We went to a special overlook we had been to before. There were many people around so after the sunset Kevin waited a little while for people to leave and got on one knee and popped the question. I was shocked! Then, we left for our reservations. The waiter gave us a chocolate indulgence dessert that they give on special occasions. That was very special!.

No comments: